Stories for Seniors
Where a Loving Voice is Needed
Stories for Seniors brings literature – read aloud – to a population that needs human contact and stimulation – our senior citizens in retirement homes, assisted living residences and at senior centers.
Each month, a professional actor visits each participating senior facility to read a one-hour selection of short stories, poems, or interesting articles to senior audiences.
Many people of advanced years can no longer read for themselves; many suffer isolation and despair. A warm, engaging voice can serve these people not only by reading but by discussing issues brought up by the readings, which often evoke personal responses from the listeners. And, of course, the personal interaction of the reader and the residents can lift spirits and restore peace of mind.
Senior facilities served
Here is a partial list of senior facilities served by Write Out Loud’s Stories for Seniors program:
- St. Paul’s Manor, San Diego
- St. Paul’s Villa, San Diego
- Ramona Senior Manor, Ramona
- The Remington Club, Rancho Bernardo
- The Belmont, Poway
- Serving Seniors – Gary & Mary West Senior Center, San Diego
- Merrill Gardens, Oceanside
- Merrill Gardens, San Diego
- La Mesa Library, La Mesa
- El Cajon Library, El Cajon
- Sungarden Terrace, Lemon Grove
- Paradise Village Retirement Community, National City
- Cottonwood Canyon Health Care Center, El Cajon
- Episcopal Charities, Pace, El Cajon
- Casa de Campanas, Rancho Bernardo
- Senior Center, Ramona Community Center, Ramona
- Solstice Senior Living, El Cajon