Presented by WRITE OUT LOUD
THE BIG READ is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest.
Enter Your Bradbury Inspired Creative Project
READ Fahrenheit 451
RE-IMAGINE the images and themes
Enter to have YOUR CREATION Featured in
THE BIG READ – COMMUNITY-WIDE CELEBRATION – APRIL 2013
(Win Cash Prizes)
Open to Ages 12 – 24 years
All entries must be inspired by reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Visual Art – illustrations, book covers/jackets, graphic novels, fashion/costume designs, set designs,
sculpture, mixed media, photography, tattoos, surf/skate board designs, cartoons, etc.
Literary Art – stories, poetry, monologues, dialogues, biography, literary criticism, etc.
(Submit literary entries electronically. If this is a hardship, please contact Write Out Loud)
Performance Art – music composition, dance, oral interpretation, opera, film, animation
(Submit performance entries on DVD. If this is a hardship, please contact Write Out Loud)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE – FEBRUARY 15, 2013
To arrange delivery of visual art Call or Email 619-297-8953 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry form must accompany entry. (Download Entry Form)
- No more than THREE entries per person. Must be original artwork/writing of entrant.
- Paintings & drawings must not exceed 30” X 30”. Three-dimensional media must not exceed 24” X 24” X 24”
- Creations can be picked up beginning May 5, 2013.
- Entrants selected for Community-wide presentations will be notified by March 10th.
- Individual prizewinners will be announced at April 1st kick-off event at Old Town Theatre.
- Through the submission of this entry form, entrants grant Write Out Loud non-exclusive reproduction, recording and publication rights to the works submitted and permission to use your name, photograph and images/recordings of your entry for outreach and media purposes.
- Artist agrees to enter artwork at your own risk, though utmost care will be given to all entries. Write Out Loud assumes no responsibility for loss or damage from any cause.
- Presentation of a signed entry form shall be deemed acceptance of all contest rules as well as permission to present the work in the community-wide celebration, if selected.