Are you a high school teacher administrator? Are you a parent or grandparent who would like your high schooler to get involved with Poetry Out Loud?
Please contact us. Now is an excellent time to get started for Poetry Out Loud next year.
that begins in San Diego County
and California Arts Council
Poetry Out Loud begins at the schools. School winners advance to the Regional Competition and one regional winner advances to the State Competition in Sacramento. The California State Winner competes in Washington D.C.
- Open to students in grades 9 – 12
- Poems must be selected from the Poetry Out Loud anthology
- Students must prepare 3 poems at State & National level
- Teacher Tool-Kits Available
- Registration Deadline November 30, 2017
- School Competition Completed by January 31, 2017 (Assistance available for school competitions upon request)
- San Diego Regional Finals – February 6, 2018 (Coordinated by Write Out Loud in association with City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture)
- State Finals – March 4-5, 2018 in Sacramento
- National Finals – April 23-25, 2018 in Washington, DC
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to participate, receive a teacher tool-kit or if you have questions.
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM