Are you a high school teacher administrator? Are you a parent or grandparent who would like your high schooler to get involved with Poetry Out Loud?
Please contact us. Now is an excellent time to get started for Poetry Out Loud next year.
that begins in San Diego County
and California Arts Council
Poetry Out Loud begins at the schools. School winners advance to the Regional Competition and one regional winner advances to the State Competition in Sacramento. The California State Winner competes in Washington D.C.
- Open to students in grades 9 – 12
- Poems must be selected from the Poetry Out Loud anthology
- Students must prepare 3 poems at State & National level
- Teacher Tool-Kits Available (currently only last year’s is available but this will be a good start and we will link to new one when it is uploaded by the state)
- Final School competitions must be completed by date set (each year we will announce date–usually in January) (WOL is happy to assist with school competitions upon request)
- Regional Finals at San Diego Central Library (Feb)
- Regional Competition will be coordinated by Write Out Loud
- State Finals TBA in Sacramento
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to participate, receive a teacher tool-kit or if you have questions.
• Open to students in grades 9–12
• No cost to students or teachers
• Poems must be selected from the Poetry Out Loud anthology
• Students prepare THREE poems for competition
• Coaches and Poets available
• Teacher Tool-Kits Available