Presented by WRITE OUT LOUD
in association with San Diego Unified Schools and San Diego Public Library
The Works of Charles Wright
READ the poetry of Charles Wright
RE-IMAGINE the images and themes
Enter Your Inspired Creative Project
Enter to have YOUR CREATION Featured in
READ – IMAGINE – CREATE – APRIL 2015
(Win Cash Prizes)
Open to Ages 12 – 19 years
ALL ENTRIES must be inspired by reading one or more of Charles Wright’s poems
Visual Art – illustrations, book jackets, graphic novels, fashion/costume designs, set designs, sculpture, mixed media, photography, tattoos, surf/skate board designs, cartoons, etc.
Literary Art – stories, poetry, monologues, dialogues, biography, plays, etc.
Performance/Media Art – music composition, dance, poetry recitation, opera, film, animation, etc.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE – FEBRUARY 14, 2015
To arrange delivery of entries please call 619-297-8953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit literary, performance and media entries electronically
via email, CD or thumbdrive
- Entry form MUST accompany entry.
- No more than THREE entries per person. Must be original creation of entrant.
- Paintings & drawings MUST NOT exceed 30” X 30”. Three-dimensional media MUST NOT exceed 24” X 18” X 24”
- Creations can be picked up beginning May 5, 2015.
- Entrants selected for Community-wide presentations will be notified by March 15, 2015.
- Individual prizewinners will be announced at April 14th Read-Imagine-Create event.
- Through the submission of this entry form, entrants grant Write Out Loud non-exclusive reproduction, recording and publication rights to the works submitted and permission to use your name, photograph and images/recordings of your entry for outreach and media purposes.
- Artist agrees to enter artwork at your own risk, though utmost care will be given to all entries.Write Out Loud assumes no responsibility for loss or damage from any cause.
- Presentation of a signed entry form shall be deemed acceptance of all contest rules, as well as permission to present the work in Read-Imagine-Create Celebration and at branch libraries, if selected.
- Questions? Call 619-297-8953 or email email@example.com